Main purpose of this role is to establish and maintain frameworks to identify, assess, manage, monitor, mitigate and report ABC risks and compliance.
Strategy and Leadership
• Asissts the Head of ABC, ASA, in maintaining the regional framework for ABC through close liaison with the Group Head ABC, establishing an ABC programme comprising of global standards, training, compliance monitoring and reporting.
• Leads on ABC-related external and internal risk identification and anticipation of future trends in the region. Works with the business to drive the development of appropriate mitigation strategies.
• Identifies and communicates, across the region, relevant ABC changes – ensures policies and procedures are amended as required.
• Evaluating and advising on reputational and regulatory risk arising from customers and transactions within the region.
ABC Definition and Application
• Provides guidance on proper application and interpretation of ABC related laws, regulations and policies within the region.
• Works with Group Shared Investigations Services to support investigations with bribery or corruption implications in the region.
• Proactively engages with regional stakeholders to steer business practices towards exemplary regulatory governance.
ABC Compliance Reporting
• Ensures key ABC risks and issues in the region are being analyzed, reported, escalated and tracked appropriately.
• Prepares regular and accurate ABC reports that are escalated to the relevant regional governance bodies.
• Assists Head of ABC, ASA, to define who requires training, and assists in developing ABC training for the region.
• Assists in the development of an effective internal compliance culture by promoting the benefits of ethical business conduct and the benefits of compliance.
Government and Regulatory Relationship Management
• Support the interface between the Bank and regulators, government agencies and law enforcement on ABC matters for the region.
• Responsibilities exclude prevention, detection or investigation of fraud, investigations under the Group’s Investigation Policy, data security, whistleblowing arrangements, BCP/ Crisis Management, Operational Risk management, first line assurance (except for processes owned by L&C) and second line rules based assurance activity of any process not directly related to legal or regulatory risk.
• Substantial experience in the banking industry and/or law, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
• Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Ability to manage geographically dispersed and varied customer and product base.
• Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across country, region, business and group stakeholders.
• Understanding of best practice risk management techniques and frameworks relating to ABC.
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory expectations relevant to financial crime.
• Sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
• Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
• Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction at the most senior levels of the Group and with regulators and other external stakeholders.